Dr. Lord has authored and co-authored seven books. Bibliographical information is available to the right.
- Lord, Sharon B. Resources of the Upper South Branch Valley, West Virginia Bulletin 551; West Virginia University Agricultural Experiment Station, June, 1967.
- Lord, Sharon B. Self-Concepts of Appalachian Children: A Comparative Study of Economically Poor and Economically Advantaged Children. Indiana University, 1970, Pp. 148.
- Lord, Sharon B, Liz Wyman, Nan Scott, and Mary Ellen McLoughlin. The Female Experience in America: Development, Counseling and Career Issues. Newton Mass: Educational Development Center, 1979. Pp. xxii + 208.
- Lord, Sharon B., and Carolyn Patton-Crowder. Appalachian Women. Newton, Mass. Educational Development Center, 1979. Pp. xx+ 184.
- Allman, Joanna, Sharon B. Lord, Karl White, and Linda Clark. Understanding Sex Roles and Moving Beyond. Newton, Mass.: Educational Development Center, 1979. Pp. xx +194.
- Allman, Joanna, Pat Bell Scott, Marian Hardin, and Sharon B. Lord. The Black Female Experience in America. Newton, Mass.: Educational Development Center, 1979. Pp. xviii + 138.
- Lord, Sharon B. Personal Power: Related Readings and Exercises. Sharon Lord Associates, 1979. (Personal Power sold more than 10,000 copies, even though it was self-published and was never marketed.)
- Numerous copyrighted seminar booklets. Selected topics including:
1. Career Enhancement and Life Management-Level 1 and Level 2
2. Creating Bread and Roses in a Balanced Life
3. Positive Use of Personal Power
4. Team Building Through Personal Empowerment
5. Positive Outcomes
6. Breaking Through
Dr. Lord directed the publication of three Department of Defense books:
1. The Department of Defense Honors Women In The Development And Advancement of Our Nation
2. Women in America’s Defense
3. Black Americans in Defense of Our Nation
While her books are currently out of print, copies are often available online at Amazon and other sellers.